Required for: 4th September 2023 (possible 2-week handover in July)
Hours and Pay: Full-time, 5 days a week (term-time), competitive salary (band 6-7 based on experience)
Condition of employment: Permanent role
Do you want to work in a school with like minded, fun and creative individuals? Do you want to wake up excited to go to work everyday?
Gesher School is a unique all-through school providing a specialist, meaningful and functional learning environment for young people with mild to moderate special educational needs. This includes ASC, ADHD, Down Syndrome and MLD.
This position offers fantastic opportunities to develop your skills as a practitioner within an innovative, supportive and collaborative team environment.
We can offer you:
- Paid half day Friday closure in the winter months
- 12 weeks paid holidays plus paid Jewish holidays throughout the year
- Ring fenced half day PPA from home, if desired
- Monthly well-being events and inset days
- Regular social opportunities
- A Competitive salary
The role features relevant training, support and supervision, paid school holidays, dedicated administrative time, and enhanced CPD opportunities. You will be a fully integrated and integral member of the whole school team. See us in action here: https://vimeo.com/407682934/a9a6af1bc8
Young people are at the heart of Gesher School, where we foster a sense of belonging and community. Our school offers a happy, safe, friendly, and stimulating environment in which young people are supported to learn, interact and have fun. We believe that all young people have the potential to achieve, but that every child is individual and requires a tailored, young person-centred approach to learning.
The Gesher approach is warm, friendly and nurturing. Emotional health and resilience, developing young people’s independence and learning, is at the core of our vision. As such, we are looking for an Art Therapist to support the wellbeing and mental health of our pupils in a way that is meaningful and impactful.
At Gesher we provide:
- opportunities that enable young people to thrive as we want our children to be ambitious about achieving their full potential
- a collaborative learning team around every young person to support each young person’s learning needs and maximise meaningful learning opportunities
- a therapeutic team that works together with families to nurture and support young people’s emotional, social, and academic development
- a partnership with families to improve the lives and life chances of young people with SEND by ensuring that they are healthy, stay safe, enjoy and achieve, make a positive contribution, and experience the wider community
Being part of our learning community, you will be able to use your creativity and shape the way our school provides excellent learning opportunities for our young people. The school has a strong, established ethos of using therapeutic approaches to complement learning, with highly-resourced, dedicated spaces for therapy.
As a member of our team, you will:
- Join an innovative learning community with ambitious practices. Not only do we want to have an impact on the young people in our school, we also want to help shape the future of special education nationally and internationally.
- Access regular CPD opportunities, and be encouraged to independently pursue professional development wherever possible.
- Have opportunities to develop your academic and professional profile through the school’s self-published journal.
- Be encouraged to access a healthy work-life balance; within your full-time role, you will have approximately 12 weeks holiday whilst receiving a salary for the entire academic year. In the winter months, Fridays are half-days in line with the school’s faith ethos.
- Access support from a multi-disciplinary team that is progressive and forward-thinking in their approach. Regular external supervision is also paid for by the school.
For the full job description please click here.
For the personal specification please click here.
To apply, please complete an application form via the school website.
Please, complete and return your application by Monday 12th June to [email protected]. CVs will not be accepted.
Interviews will be organised on a rolling basis. This ad may be withdrawn as a suitable candidate is identified.
Diversity is a core value of Gesher School. We believe the power of diversity enriches all of us by exposing us to a range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions. As such, we actively encourage people from a variety of backgrounds to apply for roles at our school.
Gesher School is committed to safeguarding young people and staff. Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.