Required for: Immediate start
Pay: £24,275 – £26,724 (Full Time Equivalent) based on experience
Hours: 2 days a week, with flexible working hours available
‘Leadership is exceptionally strong. Senior leaders are supported and challenged in equal measure by the school’s governing body. The proprietor body, governors and leaders work closely together and continuously innovate what they offer to pupils and their families. Staff feel valued. They said they are very well supported. They are enthusiastic about how well leaders consider their well-being and workload.’ OFSTED September 2022
‘Parents and carers are typically extremely positive about the school’s work. In the online survey, parents often commented that their children are thriving at Gesher. They described the school’s work as ‘in a different league’ and ‘life changing’.’ OFSTED September 2022
Gesher School is an OFSTED Outstanding all-through primary and secondary school providing a specialist, meaningful and functional learning environment for young people with mild to moderate special educational needs. This includes Autism, ADHD and Speech, Language and Communication Needs (SLCN) and mild to moderate learning needs,
We are seeking to appoint a Family Support Worker/Deputy Safeguarding Lead. The post holder will work with identified students and their families to address the barriers to their learning and help them to manage their own emotional, behavioural and social needs more successfully. They will also work closely with the school’s Deputy Head/Designated Safeguarding Lead to ensure that safeguarding across the school is of the highest standard and consistency so that all students feel safe, secure and supported and that all matters relating to safeguarding are dealt with effectively.
The successful candidate will:
- Be passionate about helping students to achieve their very best.
- Be committed to the vision and values of our school.
- Have experience of working with children, young people and families.
- Be kind, patient and flexible and a strong communicator.
- Be self-directed, organised and proactive as well as a collaborative team player.
- Experience of providing group-based or individual support for parents/carers.
- Have some knowledge of the wide range of services available for children and their families.
If you think you can make a difference to our students and relish the idea of joining our successful, supportive and highly motivated team then we want to hear from you! You will join a supportive staff team where teamwork, flexibility and a positive personality are essential attributes.
In return we can offer you:
- Warm and vibrant school community
- Support and encouragement of a strong Governing Body and Senior Leadership Team
- Further training and support with your career advancement
- On-site parking
- Employee wellbeing
- Location within easy reach of public transport networks and town centre
- Generous annual leave entitlement – 28 days and bank holidays
- Pension scheme
See us in action here:
For more information relating to the above role, or to apply, please contact the school office on 0207 884 5102 or email [email protected]