KS3 Business & ICT SEN Teacher
Full Time or Part Time
Required for: September 2023 (opportunity for transition days will be arranged).
Working Days: Monday-Friday, availability for part time role
Pay: MPS or UPS based on experience (opportunities for TLR with additional responsibilities)
Do you want to work in a school with like minded, fun and creative individuals? Do you want to wake up excited to go to work everyday?
Gesher School is a unique all-through school providing a specialist, meaningful and functional learning environment for young people with mild to moderate special educational needs. This includes ASC, ADHD, Down Syndrome and MLD.
We are looking for a confident, enthusiastic and highly motivated KS3 Science or Maths Teacher to join our team at Gesher school. This post would suit a passionate, dynamic and adaptable individual who ideally has experience teaching Maths or/and Science within a SEND environment.
This position offers fantastic opportunities to develop your skills as a practitioner within an innovative, supportive and collaborative team environment.
We can offer you:
- Paid half day Friday closure in the winter months
- 12 weeks paid holidays plus paid extra Jewish holidays throughout the year
- Ring fenced half day PPA from home, if desired
- Monthly well-being events and inset days
- Regular social opportunities
- A Competitive salary
The role features relevant training, support and supervision alongside paid school holidays, dedicated administrative time and enhanced CPD opportunities. You will be a fully integrated and integral member of the whole school team. See us in action here: https://vimeo.com/407682934/a9a6af1bc8 and http://gesherschool.com
Gesher School is a unique all-through school providing a specialist, meaningful and functional learning environment for young people with special educational needs. This includes language, communication and social pragmatic difficulties. We have a specialism in autism spectrum challenges (ASC).
Young people are at the heart of Gesher School, where we foster a sense of belonging and community. Our school offers a happy, safe, friendly, and stimulating environment in which young people are supported to learn, interact and have fun. We believe that all young people have the potential to achieve, but that every child is individual and requires a tailored, young person-centred approach to learning.
The Gesher approach is warm, friendly and nurturing. Emotional health and resilience, developing young people’s independence and learning, is at the core of our vision.
At Gesher we provide:
- opportunities that enable young people to thrive as we want our children to be ambitious about achieving their full potential
- a collaborative learning team around every young person to support each young person’s learning needs and maximise meaningful learning opportunities
- a therapeutic team that works together with families to nurture and support young people’s emotional, social, and academic development
- a partnership with families to improve the lives and life chances of young people with SEND by ensuring that they are healthy, stay safe, enjoy and achieve, make a positive contribution, and experience the wider community
Being part of our learning community, you will be able to use your creativity and shape the way our school provides excellent learning opportunities for our young people.
As a member of our team, you will:
- Join an innovative learning community with ambitious practices. Not only do we want to have an impact on the young people in our school, we also want to help shape the future of special education nationally and internationally.
- Join a committed community of staff and parents and wider supporters.
- Be supported to become the best you can be. We believe in valuing all our staff and therefore take professional development very seriously. In return for their high level of commitment to enabling our young people to reach the best outcomes, we will provide our staff with excellent opportunities for growth and development.
- Always be supported in terms of your leadership and you will be able to take on responsibilities in various areas of school life.
- Have access to a network of forward-thinking practitioners (Big Education, Rethinking Assessment, XP, etc.) via other members of our team.
For further information, please visit www.gesherschool.com.
To apply, please complete an application form that can be found here.
Please, complete and return your application by May 16th to [email protected]. CVs will not be accepted.
Interviews will be organised on a rolling basis. This ad may be withdrawn as a suitable candidate is identified.
Diversity is a core value of Gesher School. We believe the power of diversity enriches all of us by exposing us to a range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions. As such, we actively encourage people from a variety of backgrounds to apply for roles at our school.
Gesher School is committed to safeguarding young people and staff. Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.