Working Hours: Flexible hours (between 8am-4pm) for 2-4 weeks (depending on availability)
Department: Media Team
Role Description: Videography Internship October 2023
Gesher is looking for an enthusiastic Videography Intern to join their Media Team. This unpaid internship presents a unique opportunity to gain valuable experience in videography, PR, Marketing, and Communications. You’ll have the chance to create high-quality video projects and contribute to the school’s growth and identity, all while building an impressive portfolio and enhancing your skillset. If you’re passionate about videography and eager to kickstart your career in media, this internship is the perfect stepping stone!
About Gesher School:
Gesher School is an OFSTED Outstanding all-through primary and secondary school providing a specialist, meaningful and functional learning environment for young people with mild to moderate special educational needs. This includes Autism, ADHD and Speech, Language and Communication Needs (SLCN) and mild to moderate learning needs.
- Conceptualise, Produce, Script, Film and Edit high quality video projects that align with Gesher’s growth, identity and vision.
- Capture and edit various short-form video content for the website and other platforms.
- Collaborate with team members to generate innovative ideas that enhance the school’s reputation and visibility in a competitive market.
- Build a library of high-quality footage, including b-roll and interviews, for future projects.
- Contribute to departmental objectives and initiatives as part of a small and agile team, working closely with the Head of Media and Headteachers for feedback.
- Adhere to the school’s Child Protection Policies and actively promote the welfare and safety of children and young persons.
- Bachelor’s degree in Film, Media, or a related field.
- Strong storytelling skills with the ability to translate ideas into compelling video content.
- Proficiency in videography, including cameras, lighting, audio, and filming techniques.
- Excellent video editing skills and proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects.
- Innovative mindset and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Strong organisational skills to manage complex video production projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to engage with diverse audiences.
- Ability to adapt to different audiences, from young students to senior professionals.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a dynamic environment.
- A commitment to child protection and the welfare of children and young persons.
Professional Responsibilities, Attitudes and Skills:
- Represent Gesher’s values at all times and demonstrate a growth mindset.
- Pay close attention to detail in all aspects of videography and editing.
- Embrace the mission of Gesher to transform education.
- Gain experience working at an innovative and leading Ofsted Outstanding SEND school.
- Join a dynamic and forward-thinking Media Team and staff body.
- Access to a fully equipped professional media studio and state-of-the-art equipment.
- Enjoy creative freedom and the opportunity to contribute your ideas and imagination in a professional setting.
- Be part of the transformation and growth of an exceptional new school.
- Please complete an application form that can be found here.
- CVs will not be accepted.
- Please also submit a portfolio of your videography work.
- Send both your application and portfolio to [email protected].
- Please note that this role is a fixed-term internship and does not create a contract for work.
Interviews will be organised on a rolling basis. This ad may be withdrawn as a suitable candidate is identified.
Diversity is a core value of Gesher School. We believe the power of diversity enriches all of us by exposing us to a range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions. As such, we actively encourage people from a variety of backgrounds to apply for roles at our school.
Gesher School is committed to safeguarding young people and staff. Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.