Hello, my name is Nicky Seers and I am the school’s Family Support Worker (FSW).
My role in school is to provide support, advice and information to the families within our school community. I can help you with any worries you may have concerning your child’s education, behaviour and wellbeing. I am also here to support parents with issues that may be impacting their family such as health or finances.
Advice and support are confidential, although concerns relating to safeguarding children will always be dealt with per the school’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy.
I may not have all the answers, but hopefully, I can help you to work out how to find them!
This may be achieved through 1:1’s or small group support.
Support for parents includes:
- Termly coffee mornings are held in school
- Providing information about services in the local area and support to access them if needed
- Completing referrals to relevant agencies e.g Young Carers
- Completing forms/applications
- Advice and support in promoting positive behaviour at home
- Toileting issues
- Picky eaters
- Poor sleeping
- Setting boundaries
- Support to improve school attendance
- Signposting for help with finances and debt, housing, health etc.
These lists are not exhaustive so please speak to me about anything that is worrying you or that you need support with.
How to get in touch:
I am based in school and will be able to meet with you at school, or if necessary at home, at a mutually convenient time.
You can email me at: [email protected]
This is currently a part-time role so there may be a waiting list for any direct meetings. We may also need to prioritise support based on availability.