Are you looking for a unique internship experience? Are you interested in working within a dynamic team that supports students’ development? Do you want the opportunity to let your creative juices flow?
We are looking for like minded individuals, wanting to gain design experience in a unique environment supporting Gesher school’s media team to showcase the incredible work our students are producing. You will have the opportunity to work within our media team led by our Storyteller and Curator to document and showcase everything that is taking place within the school to share with our community; including parents, governors, friends of Gesher, and the wider educational and Jewish communities.
We are looking for someone who has:
- A passion for all things visual.
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator for graphic design.
- Experience video editing using Premiere Pro (After Effects knowledge would be a bonus).
- Experience with photography and filming.
- Excellent communication, organisation and time management skills.
- An eye for detail and can think outside the box.
- An interest in curating spaces, interior design and art.
- Good understanding of tech specs, formatting and asset library organisation.
- Excellent understanding of the Google Suite.
- A willingness to become involved in all aspects of school life and culture, e.g. break and lunch times, clubs, school festivals and events etc.
- The ability to work well as part of a collaborative team.
- A right to work in the UK.
Gesher is an Ofsted Outstanding Independent Jewish All-Through Special School that offers children who are differently able and learn differently an exemplary and tailored education. Gesher ensures that each child’s needs are met through a whole and multi-therapeutic team approach with wellbeing and emotional health at the core. Gesher gives children the confidence and resilience to maximise their potential and flourish to the highest of their abilities.
This is what we can offer:
- A unique internship curating student work.
- A chance to think creatively and see your ideas come to life.
- The opportunity to develop your multimedia skills using industry standard equipment and software.
- Working within a dynamic multidisciplinary team supporting the whole child.
- Becoming a fully integrated and integral member of the whole school team.
- Fantastic opportunities for professional development within an innovative, supportive and collaborative team environment.
This is what OFSTED had to say about our school:
“Therapists, teachers and teaching assistants work together seamlessly as one team. They truly understand how to meet pupils’ varied special educational needs. While staff are nurturing, they also have high expectations of all pupils. As a result, pupils work hard and learn well.”
Testimonials from current staff:
“Gesher is unlike any other place I’ve worked. Not only are you surrounded by the most supportive team, but the amount of scope, independence and trust that is handed to you is truly empowering. No idea ever seems too big, creativity is always encouraged and every day is fun, exciting and endlessly rewarding.”
At Gesher we are always looking for people who want to join our learning community, and who are passionate about inspiring and empowering children and young people to have a future in which they can thrive.
If interested, please email [email protected] with your CV and Cover Letter.